Beginner pilots welcome.
just report "beginner" or "student" before your call-sign at first contact
ATC will help you.
Also, have a flight plan and publish it here, please.
Depending how much you are realism demanding, you can use www.simbrief.com or www.skyvector.com
Simbrief is more for simulation.
SkyVector is used for real life flight ( just create download your flight plan ! ok ? Beware to **not** publish your flight plan there ! )
Create a flight plan is free - No need to open an account.
- click top left "flight plan"
- fill Departure / Destination / Flight Level / Speed (in ground speed)
- plot your route
- import it in FG
interesting notes :
- if you choose the proper START or END waypoint, SID and STAR points will be shown in alternate colour.
- always consider prevailing winds
- some airways are one way only
- you may verify your flight against weather conditions. (option on top right)
- Animate winds and rain depending time and altitude !
Import in Flightgear in 2 clicks :
- click on the square with the arrow to export / choose .Gpx / "download" / Save
- in FG use it directly as is. It does work even if FG do not know some of the waypoints !
Last but not least - Starting stands and parks :
instead of the 3 poor (and wrong) stands in EGBB ...
- download this file (do mouse right click on it - "save link as") Airports/E/G/B/EGBB.groundnet.xml
- copy it in your Airports/E/G/B as EGBB.groundnet.xml
- reload FG
- you now have 76 gates and stands (do not use the stand 25 or the gate 40)
Feel free to query me for a gate/stand of the appropriate size for your plane.
go to TOP